Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Family Tree

Hello lovelies!

   It has been too long. Life has been hectic, to say the least. I'm reminded today of the things that really matter though. Time with family is the big one for me today. The older 2 boys stayed home from school today because we had a nasty round of hand, foot, and mouth disease in our house over the holiday weekend. I am the only one, other then Dex, to excape unscathed. Hopefully. ;)

   Since the boys were feeling well, we tackled the basement, with promises of playing video games and getting to veg out this afternoon. *Fabulous modivation, btw* While picking up everything Si was getting out, ignoring Rions dramatic sighs, giving directions, asking D to please remove the toy from his mouth, repeating the same directions because no one listened the first time, and rolling my eyes with a air of drama that is almost as good as Rions... I realized something.

   I really adore these children. And one day, they will get to do whatever they want and I will get no say. Rion told me, while glaring at me as only a 6 year old can, that when he is a adult, he will NEVER clean. I smiled and told him that would be up to him. One day soon though, they will be making much bigger choices then if they want to clean their room or not. That is sobering. They are growing up so fast.

   I came to the conclusion that I can do nothing. Nothing, but be a mama, set boundries, give them roots and watch them grow. While they are still young I can try to trim the wayward branches... but in the big scheme of things, they will make their own choices. I will love them no matter the choices they make, no matter the craziness they hand me. I will be their roots, something to keep them grounded. I just hope they blossom.

  Family come down to love... no matter your choices, no matter your failings. Family is saying, it's okay. I hope you do well, and I will help you if I can, but if you fall, I will be here to hold you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment