Friday, September 5, 2014

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

   Hello again!

   I'm here to talk about cookies! I tend to have a sense for what ingredients works well together.  Basicly I just make things up. XD  I rarely use recipes inless it is my own.  So today I'm going to share with you a recipe I made!  I'm very excited and hope you like it as much as I do. 

   It all started with a craving for junk food this morning.  I know, I know, healthy eating is a big deal, but sometimes I just have to satisfy the craving.  I'm snooping through all the cabinets with *of course* no luck because we have been trying to cut back on sweets and grain based foods in general.  There is a pan of homemade banana bread on the counter, but today,  that's just not good enough. 

   So cookies seem like a fantastic idea!  Only problem is, we are running low on quite a few ingredients for my favorite cookie recipes.  To the drawing board! Or in my case, my notebook full of ideas for recipes.  A fresh page and a few minutes of brainstorming and I now have a list of ingredients,  but no measurements. 




   I started out by letting the stick of butter and package of cream cheese reach room temp.

   *1/2 cup softened butter (4 oz)
   *1 package of softened cream cheese (8 oz)
   *1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla (I used 1 tsp., but would have used more, had I not ran out of vanilla)

   Blend together until smooth. 






   Once they were fully blended I moved them into a bigger bowl and added in my sugars.

   *1 cup granulated cane sugar
   *1/2 cup dark brown sugar





   Once the sugars were fully incorporated, then came the eggs.

   *2 large eggs

   Then we came to the fun part... figuring out how much flour to use.  Because of the thickness of the batter I decided to go with 2 cups of flour and add in more if it was needed. 

   *2 cups all purpose flour
   *1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
   *1 teaspoon ground sea salt (you could use table salt, I just prefer the taste of sea salt)
   * 2 cups simi sweet chocolate chips





   Once it was all mixed, I decided it looked about right. So I preheated the oven, while chilling the dough in the fridge, and cleaning up my mess. 



    I know, I'm a messy baker.

   First I attempted drop cookies... easy peasy. Just get a spoonful of dough and drop it on the sheet.



   I baked them at 350° for approx. 12 minutes. Only problem is... they didn't come out looking as pretty as I wanted them to. So the next batch I rolled into balls and they came out much prettier! :) It may seem odd to some people to even think of food being "pretty" but for me, baking isn't just about food tasting good, I would say appearence counts for at least 15 percent. 

   Pictured above are my ugly cookies, that tasted amazing! ;) The rolled ones turned out perfect though, crunch outside and soft gooey center <3




It didn't take long for Silas to find them! Hope you enjoy them as much as he did!



No comments:

Post a Comment