Sunday, December 16, 2012

Be thankful for what you have...

This past day was rough for my sleeping habits. My baby Silas is teething and kept me up most of the night last night... but the extra time awake in the middle of the night gave me time to think.**** I thought about thankfulness and blessing. How we should always be thankful for what we have, and treat every day as if it is the most important in our life.**** The shooting in the elementary school on Friday has had my mind a whirl all weekend. Dylan is a year older then those poor babies that were slaughtered. I can't even fathom what it would be like to lose him. I cried for those babies and they aren't even mine. Rion came up to me on Friday and asked me what was wrong... i couldn't lie to him. I told him a man went into a school a long ways away and killed people and it had made me very sad. He looked at me and simply asked "was he evil?" I didn't know what exactly to say, was he evil? So I simply told him "He did a very evil and bad thing."**** this world is so hateful and broken. I have seen an explosion of arguments for or against gun control flooding my FB feed. it sickens me that this has turned into a political debate. I like the Mr. Rogers saying "look for the helpers". We should be banding together in times of tragedy not fighting even more. Me and Rion said a prayer for the school and community as soon as he found out. Even though we can't help, hopefully they can lean on God. I want to teach my kids to be the "helpers"whenever they can be.**** I, for one, will hug my babies a little tighter, keep my patience a little longer, smile a little brighter, and try to love a little more... because you never know what day might just be your last. That is what I will do, in remembrance of the children at Sandy Hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment