Saturday, December 15, 2012

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time there lived a little girl, who dreamed of Ireland, the perfect man, and a beautiful castle where the sounds of her guitar could echo through the halls, and out through the tall lush grass that danced for miles... She dreamed of poetry and angels, superstitions and prayer, death and beauty... that girl was me. My name is Elizabeth, and with all my dreaming, I never saw myself living the life I now lead. I was always the Anne of green gables, searching for kindred souls and daydreaming out my classroom window. Perhaps it was because I was raised on books. I was always coming up with some fantasy life and living my real life in a daze. With as many problems as I had as a child I can honestly say, that compared to most I led a charmed childhood... simply because I was allowed to. I was the youngest child, and with parents that were thirty-nine and forty when I was born, I was as rotten as a grandchild. :) I, in contrast to my parents, found myself at nineteen with a newborn son that I didn't know how to handle, in a bad relationship, and my mother very ill. I morn the loss of those days. almost seven years later I realize too late that I should have been cherishing every day. I was more intent on parties and "fun". My life has been a roller coaster ride over the past decade, but I have found, it is no excuse to not treasure every moment. Three boys, a wonderful husband, and a beagle later... I am determining to treasure every moment from now on, no matter how may moments I have lost up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment